While FIELDS stores have been around since 1948 and are rich in history, we’ve been under new management since May 2012. Our vision is to proudly serve our community, customers and each other–and to help our customers live a better life for less. We’re Canadian owned, growing quickly and are looking for amazing people to join our FIELDS family.
We are currently looking for a Furniture Sales Associate to join our dynamic, high energetic team. Our successful candidate is Responsible for driving furniture sales in the store. Accountable for the operational, merchandising, customer service, and cleanliness aspects of the furniture department. May be tasked with general store duties including customer service, cashier duties and light cleaning or maintenance as needed.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets and assists customers as needed in order to maintain the highest level of customer service
- Drives furniture sales within the store by providing information, comparisons, and customer service
- Assists customers with carry outs
- Operates point-of-sale systems efficiently and accurately
- Performs merchandise recovery functions as needed
- Identifies and communicates furniture display needs and assist with display assembly as needed
- Maintains appearance of the store’s interior and exterior to company standards, including light maintenance duties and cleaning
- Participates in truck unload or furniture deliveries as assigned – in all types of weather
- Able to follow directions to assemble furniture pieces
- Performs other tasks and duties as assigned by Store Leadership, such as shrink control and safety-related tasks
- Strong customer service and communication skills required
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights, weekends and holidays required
- Prior retail experience preferred
- Previous experience operating a cash register preferred but not required
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 – 100 lbs. required
- Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off of store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required
- Forklift ticket is an asset – basic training will be provided
- Basic English literacy and math skills required
We look forward to hearing from you and joining our team. Please send your cover letter and resume and mention Furniture Sales Associate in the subject line of the email. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is engaged.
- Excellent salary
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Challenging and engaging work
- Values oriented culture
or drop them off at the store. Please be sure to include the store location in the subject line of your email and let us know where you saw this job posting.
FIELDS is a proud recipient of the Rotary “Inclusive Employer” award for exemplifying diversity in the workplace and is ranked amongst the top 100 privately owned companies in BC by Business In Vancouver.